11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Cream Cheese, Brown Sugar, Caramel, and Toffee Bars...Oh My....

A friend from years ago shared this recipe with me and since then I've used it frequently for gatherings and have shared it with others. It's gets rave reviews every time, as well as repeat invitations. 

Below is a recipe for what I've named 

The Apple Dip
Satisfies 10-12 Adults






Prep to Serve Time:
15 Minutes - the apple cutting takes the longest


Ingredients:
1 Bar of Cream Cheese, soften (1/3 fat ok)
1/2 of Light Brown Sugar

4 large Green Apples, sliced 
1/4 or so of Creamy Caramel 
4 Skor or Toffee Candy Bars
1 Pie Dish or a Serving Plate

Step 1:
Combine in a small bowl your Brown Sugar and Softened Cream Cheese




Step 2:
Smear Cream Cheese mixture into/onto your serving dish

Step 3:
Open your Caramel Tub (I try to use Low-Fat when available, makes me feel better)
Grab a large Dollop with your Spatula and begin to spear a layer of it onto the cream cheese mixture


It should look like this when finished.


Step 4:
Break open all candy bars and place into your processor. If a processor isn't available, in the past I've placed all broken candy pieces into a ziplock bag.  I've then place the bag in between a dish town and used the flat side of a spoon to mash up the pieces finely.



After mixing it should, can, look like this; some finely chopped and some pieces still large.


Step 5:
Remove all large pieces and place to the side.  Sprinkle finely chopped candy over top of dish to evenly cover the mixture below.  Add remaining large pieces to the processor and mix again.

Step 6:
Wash and dry your apples and begin to cut them into wedges.  You can use an apple cutter but I've found that it's the same amount of time.  I like to cut them clean, meaning remove any core pieces from the apple.



Once you've finished cutting, place your apples into an air tight container and marinate them in 1/4 cup of lemon juice to preserve freshness and prevent browning. 7-up works as well.


When ready to serve, assemble apple wedges all the way around the brim of your dish.

Enjoy!!!






        


I linked this Recipe at:


Pin It

18 comments:

  1. okay that is awesome, so pinning this. The apples, make it healthy, the chocolate makes it worth eating fruit LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is so good! I made something similar with toffee pieces and brought it to work. Everyone ate it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a workout cutting all the apples so that counts for something too. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Found you on Take A Look Tuesday! come visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!I'll come check it out.

      Delete
  4. Yummmmmy! Gosh, I could really go for some of that right now! I'm pinning this for future reference!

    Thanks SO much for linking up!! I'm your newest follower!

    Emily @ 52mantels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Emily, thanks for stopping by! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dip looks UH-AMAZING!! I love all the ingredients. I'm making sure I'm following you this week. (and pinning this!!)

    Thanks for linking up on the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy for stopping by, pinning, and following. :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. YUM! I'm definitely going to making this one! Thanks for sharing it today! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made this and it is delicious! I actually had the caramel sundae syrup already in the fridge so I used that instead. I decided I really like this technique because I could just squirt it on and not have to worry with speading the thicker caramel. Thank you so much for this recipe! I can't wait for my girl friends to try it. Not only is is super yummy....but it is SO easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! That's so awesome! Enjoy! Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  9. One word- YUM ok, well another 2- Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my freaking goodness gracious! YUMMY! thank you for linking up to successful saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! :) Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Some comments got lost in the shuffle!

      Delete
  11. Oh man...why didn't I see this BEFORE I did my super bowl party shopping? I did pin so I can make it another time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so easy and so darn yummy! I make myself feel better by purchasing the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and low fat caramel. :) Enjoy and have a great day!

      Delete

ShareThis