11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

It's kind of like a wedding...a Craft Fair that is

So many weeks went into the preparation,
but we'll flashback to 2 weeks away...

It's another late night after the family has gone to bed, that 
I decided it's time to lay out all of my finished items and review what I've sewn so far.


 While I begin to lay everything out on the hardwood floors of my sewing studio I ask myself,  "Let's see, do I have enough merchandise and are the fabrics I've picked going to appeal to the many customers I plan to meet?"  It occurred to me, very quickly, that I was about to have a long conversation with myself before I came to ask the final question,
 "Is it safe to say, I'm good-to-go?"

There were a series of questions ringing, several times over, in my head I finally shut off the voices, found the confidence, and believed I indeed had the right amount of items, 
and all looked great.

1 week away...

While rolling my eyes at myself, "Man, how many lists am I gonna make to cross check, and double check, so that I don't forgot anything?" I came to discover, at least 6.
In the process of making myself crazy, I discovered I was also making my (wonderful) husband crazy.  Which I'll add, he too asked many questions, good ones I'll give him that, but the over thinking was surely in overdrive.

Craft Fair Day...1:30 am

In a stricken panic, when I opened my eyes, "OMGosh, what time is it?" I thought . Which then followed with, "Seriously, 1:30a?! Super, now I'm doomed to battle it out with any thoughts that surface which will surely be mental check lists because now I'm up..." :)

Let's just say a quick review occured but I quickly went back to sleep because I knew a long, exciting day was ahead... kind of like a wedding, I came to learn.
So much preparation occurs prior to attending, and selling, at a craft fair, much like so much work goes into a wedding.  Both sharing a common thread, they are (usually) one day.










7:00am - Roll out of the Drive Way and head to the Craft Fair
7:20am - Begin unloading and setting up
9:00am - Craft Fair of almost 100 vendors opens its doors
9:30am - The crowds begin to fill the isles as wonderful 
Christmas music fills the air (My favorite)
10:00am - My Helper arrives, my mother-in-law, just in time because the booth is filling with customers talking excitedly about the uniqueness of the products I created.
11:00am - Where did the last hour go?
12:00pm - Just realized I'm starving but sitting down isn't an option there's tons of people and custom ordering is my favorite part about what I do.
1:00pm - 3:00pm - So many people coming and going today's turning out to be a huge success for this small business operated by a Stay-at-Home Mom.
4pm - My goodness, what a day.  I was in flats but it surely felt like I was in heels, my feet were begging for a break.  Unlike a wedding, where the bride dances the night away barefoot, I didn't have that option.   The whole day was non-stop; I feel so blessed. The hubby shows up for tear-down and the days finished.  So many weeks of preparation that I can't believe it's over...a day well worth all the time invested...
much like a wedding. 


A picture of me and the hubby in his Dad's Classic Convertible 11 years ago on our wedding day.

I look forward to my next craft fair, whenever that may be, and sharing the products I sew for all to enjoy.






Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking to my 1st Blog Party Social! Hoping for success!! Lol! Come back every Tuesday! I am also working on a craft link up for later this this week! Please do that too! What awesome things you sew! Wow! Good luck to you!
    Kim@madeinaday

    http://www.madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I felt like I was right there with you! Your booth set up was perfect....I know how much I love my coupon organizer so I can imagine that you made a lot of people happy that day :)
    And what about that beautiful wedding pic?? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds so exciting! What an awesome booth you had! Very organized! You did a great job! And I LOVE that last picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies, Thanks for your sweet comments, I'm blushing! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis