11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

With Thanksgiving behind us, my inner child is surfacing very quickly as I spread Holiday Cheer throughout our home...


Below are pictures I've taken to capture the spirit of Christmas in our home.  I hope a few of them inspire you, when you decorate your personal space this holiday season.


Our home builder thought it would be creative to make the front door larger than the standard size. This made it hard to find an over-the-door wreath hook that was long enough to display my wreath in just the right spot.  I decided to take matter in my own hands and use ribbon (one of my many addictions) to hang it as low as I'd like. 



As people come and go throughout our home this time of year, I thought it would be neat to display our received Christmas cards on the back of our front door. 


When you enter our home, this wreath hangs above a black, distressed bench. A bench where jackets and shoes are gathered.  I liked the idea, because of it's location, to incorporate a hint of the outdoors with this lantern and then fill it with small, red Christmas ball ornaments.


Our advent calendar are stockings which trail up the staircase starting with number 1 at the bottom.  Each night a little something is left for the boys to enjoy.



I'm a sucker for anything that makes my boys go "Oh, Ah..." so when I noticed a great place in my dining room to creatively display a Snow Village, I jumped on eBay and started shopping. This is a Department 56 "The Original Show Village" collection.



I have a thing for vintage books and snowman.  I like to put them just about anywhere possible.  These pieces are displayed on our living room cabinet. 


Love is....spoken here



Also in our living room, is our Fake Christmas Tree. Sadly, iColorado, due to it's dry climate, a real tree put up this early would probably not survive. The tree has red, satin bows, small, gold balls, rustic snowman, and many picture frame ornaments. I underestimated the amount of reminiscing that would come when setting up the tree...sigh...

(This is my littlest peanut enjoying the tree)

One of my favorite pieces, a Snowman Cookie Jar I got from Pottery Barn 6 years ago reduced from $65.00 down to $15...score! :)


Lastly, a sign I enjoy seeing everyday...



Merry Christmas from our house to yours!




        
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how great! I love it all...and the advent stockings going up the stairwell, what a great idea! So sweet, so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea!!Love it!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis