11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Hand on my Heart

I'm a very compassionate person, and being sentimental means a lot to me; it makes my heart smile.  I'm always excited to hear from people about the things they choose to hold onto because they remind them of something significant or it comes from a different time in their life.  It's a chance to learn more about that person in a different light.  Below, on this heart shaped door accent, is a "hand" button which holds sentimental value and an interesting story.
I've had this button for over 11 years.  
I never knew when I'd need it but with Valentine's Day coming up, 
I decided to put it to use. Over 12 years ago I held a job of which I tell people, outside of being a mom, was the best job I'll ever have!  I was honored/blessed with the experience of holding a personal assistant position to a radio talk show personality, with a very large following, Dr. Laura Schelssinger, yes "the" Dr. Laura.  

During my 2 year's with her, she embarked on the hobby of Beading.  While shopping for exotic beads one weekend, this hand button stood out to me.  So, seeing that buttons weren't apart of her current hobby, I decided to purchase the button myself.

And here, 11 years later, I've finally used it.  (wink, some form of hoarding is ok)

I like it because it symbolizes your hand is on my heart.  I've decided to hang it on the interior garage door that we frequent throughout the day.  It's a great reminder to those passing through, you have my/our hand on your heart.




Remember those that have passed through, often, they've passed through for a reason.



PS: Due to a confidentiality agreement I signed, I'm not at liberty to speak about anything specific regarding her or my time with her but I can tell you...she's a wonderful women, that's misunderstood and does amazing things for people.




Pin It

12 comments:

  1. That's a really nice story and a super cute heart! I used to listen to Dr. Laura all the time! I'm a new follower! Now, Go take on the day! ;)Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna, Thanks for your kind words. Right Back attacha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for decor sentimental as well, this came out so great!
    A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea yesterday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karah (beautiful name), thanks for stopping by. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story....and a fun job! Such a sweet sentiment, it makes my heart smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I'm quite sentimental too. In December I blogged about my grandpa's jacket and was tearful the entire time. lol

    new follower her from 733
    http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, I'll have to check that out. :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year.

      Delete
  7. how nice! I bet she would like this post!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr. Laura was my favorite. She helped me realize that I was doing some things wrong and I changed because of her. I appreciate her and think she is a great woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unfortunate that she was misunderstood by many. She really is great! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis