11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Old Shirt - Bracelet Up-Cycle



The T-Shirt UP-cycle Bracelet 
Under $5 Gift idea



I'm a cotton t-shirt lover, in a variety of colors. My current  favs are Teal and Coral...
I've come to learn that wearing cotton, with just about any pair of shorts or pants, start to wear right where the button/snap is, leaving small, itty bitty holes.  I was sure we had moths in our closet, but a friend shed light on what the culprit was, the corner edge where the pants close thins the fabric over time...

  These two shirts were a weekly staple for me, until now. The pink one, during summer, since it has short sleeves, and the chocolate brown, during fall and winter, because it has long sleeves.  





















So, instead of tossing them, I decided to re-purpose them with a fun bracelet. Below is a tutorial on how to do it!


You'll Need:
1 - 2 Old T-shirts
Scissors
Cloths Pin


Cut Strips from your shirt like so: 
(sorry, chocolate shirt not pictured)

3 Pink Strips in 3 - 4" inches thickness
3 Brown Strips in 3 -4 inches thickness



Combine together 1 Pink and 1 Brown strip each making 3 sets of strips, ideal for 'braiding'.

I then used a cloths pin to hold my 3 strips together for braiding.  I tied a strong knot to close the bracelet. I make it fit just tight enough around my wrist, since it's cotton, it stretches when pulled over to wear. 

It looks like this when done.







This post was linked up @:


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Natalie for stopping by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love wearing cotton shirts as well. I just recently went through my clothes and put some shirts and sweaters in the "upcycle" box for projects like this.

    Thanks for linking up at Romance on a Dime!!

    ReplyDelete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis