11111111111111111111111111111111111

Search this website

Fabric Bracelet Tutorial (for beginners)

A fabric bracelet tutorial, for beginners and up

Below is a picture of my fabric bracelet I posted to Instagram a a while ago.  I got such high reviews from friends that I decided to share with you how to create one for yourself.


What you'll need:

1 Hand sewing needle
1 Toggle Clasp
1 16 1/2" x 2" scrap fabric
Scissors
Clear Ruler
Pencil
Iron
Fray Check (optional)
Sewing Machine Needle 12 or 14
Thread

Project Specs:
Start to Finish Time 30 minutes
Level: Beginner



Step 1:
Cut your strip of Fabric and iron flat

Step 2:
Place your clear ruler an inch from bottom of your strip and draw a pencil mark, along the middle of the fabric


This is what you should have when done



Step 3:
Press with an Iron both sides inward towards your pencil mark, like so


Then fold over both outside edges



Step 4:
Begin to pin along your strip


Now it's time to sew....yippy!


Step 5:
Set your machine to 
Zig Zag stitch, 5 Width, 3 Length, 5.5 tension

 


Step 6:
Sew forward and reverse a little bit at the beginning and then begin to sew down the middle of your strip repeating the reverse and forward at the end, like below



Step 7:
Cut your thread.  Thread a hand needled with a long piece of thread and begin adding your toggle clasps


Bring your hand needle from the bottom side of the fabric, but not through the top layer.


This is how the bottom side should look when done.

This is how it looks when both have been added.


Step 8:
Now it's time to tie our decorative knot at the 
center of the bracelet. 



Lay it side by side to make sure your knot is in the middle of your bracelet, as best as possible.



Complete:


Enjoy, have fun, add extra bracelets with it, and be creative with colors!



        


Currently:
Sewing Series, Lesson 1

Linked up @:

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. this looks like an awesome fun craft! I would love for you to come link up on my blog if you have a minute! :)
    http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2012/04/successful-saturday-link-up-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, thanks for stopping by! Will do! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! We're actually looking for a beginner-type craft for a girl's camp for our church. I'm going to suggest this. I hope you don't mind, but I pinned it. How well do you think it would hold up if it were sewn by hand? This camp is in the mountains where there is no electricity.

    Thanks for linking up! I love it!
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower to your blog through the Blog Hop! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute! No wonder all your friends want one. :) I do! Imagine how many of these you could make with all different fun fabrics...oooooh! Thanks for entering One Crafty Contest; good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I can't wait to make some of these with my girls. They will LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It's been so fun making them for friends as gifts, have fun!

      Delete
  8. Hi Hilani,

    Thanks for sharing tutorial of this lovely bracelet. It's a great idea for friends gifts. You have a nice blog. Have a look at mine I'll be glad.

    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft

    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Love the clutch purse on your wall, beautiful!

      Delete
  9. So cute! I have been really into bracelets myself lately and I love these. The zig zag stitch is especially adorable! I would love it if you would stop by and share at Lines Across if you have a chance. Thanks!
    http://www.linesacross.com/2012/07/the-cure-for-common-monday-48.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, thanks for stopping by. I just linked up. :) Have a great night!

      Delete

I #heart comments a lot, it keeps my inspired. Thanks for stopping by and commenting....

ShareThis